Lafayette Louisiana Personal Injury & Wrongful Death Lawyers
Louisiana Personal Injury and Commercial Litigation Attorneys
We know how tough it is to deal with an injury, because we have helped thousands of personal injury clients over the past 35 years. At the Joseph Joy & Associateslaw firm in Lafayette, Louisiana, we help take the worry out of dealing with physical injuries and any resulting financial burdens after serious accidents.
Our Louisiana law firm demands respect from insurance companies and big corporations for one very good reason: a strong track record of success. Our reputation as effective trial lawyers means our clients may be able to settle quickly — and for a substantial amount. Our attorneys have secured million-dollar settlements as well as a million-dollar trial verdict for clients.
Personal Injury and Wrongful Death
Personal injury and wrongful death affect the entire family. When we take a personal injury or wrongful death case, we take the time to assess all the damage the accident has caused. We help people who have suffered serious injuries — such as spinal cord injuries, burn injuries and brain injuries — caused by:
- Motor vehicle accidents, including car accidents, 18-wheeler/truck accidents, motorcycle accidents and aviation accidents. Whether you were injured in a roll-over or by a trucker\’s negligence, we will fight for just compensation.
- Offshore and maritime accidents, including accidents on drilling platformsand oil rigs. Our Louisiana maritime accident lawyers also represent individuals injured in boat accidents and commercial diving accidents. If you were injured while working on a boat or oil rig, you may be covered by the Jones Act.
- Industrial and construction accidents, including accidents on oil rigs, scaffolding falls and more.
- Medical malpractice, including pharmaceutical negligence, failure to diagnose and more.
- Dangerous and defective products, including exposure to toxic substances, defective cars and more.
We also provide effective litigation services to individuals and businesses injured by professional negligence. When an accounting firm, an engineering or construction business or another business fails to provide you with accurate and/or timely information, which causes you substantial losses, tell our Louisiana commercial litigation lawyers about it.
Our environmental law attorneys represent individuals in Louisiana who suffered economic loss or illness due to environmental destruction. For example, we represented over 80 commercial fishermen against many of the big oil companies and other large companies for destroying the fishermen\’s livelihood in the Atchafalaya Basin.